Not A Bad Thing (Yes It Was)
5 Justin Timberlake Performances that were Better than Last Night’s Superbowl Halftime Show
Ya’ll know me, okay? Ya’ll know I am probably one of the biggest Justin Timberlake fans on the planet. I have followed the dude’s career since I was 12. I wrote fanfiction. I got a damn Justin Timberlake tattoo – No it’s not his face why do ya’ll always think it’s his face??? Ugh.
What was the deal, JT? Did you break under the pressure? Did they make you sign a contract where you weren’t allowed to do anything even remotely cool for fear of exposing a female breast somewhere in the Minneapolis Meto-area?
People really didn’t like that amazing, family friendly, well choreographed performance? Wtf? pic.twitter.com/5WD271Lf8E
— Politi Kitty (@Politi_Kitty) February 5, 2018
Also what the HELL did you do to piss off your stylist???
After I managed to pick my jaw up off the floor at the stunning display of mediocrity that was Justin Timberlake’s Halftime Show performance last night, I IMMEDIATELY thought of about 100 other instances where he FUCKING. KILLED.
I’ve managed to cull it down to five because I know the rest of you have lives.
Victoria Secret Fashion Show 2006
Favorite Part: 3:52 where one of his dancers grabs his ass and he looks genuinely embarrassed.
SNL 40th Anniversary Episode Cold Open
Favorite Part: 3:33. Because reasons.
MTV VMAs 2013 – MTV Vanguard Award
Favorite Part: The dance break at 5:22
Use Somebody/Cry Me A River – JT and Friends Live at Mandalay Bay 2009
Favorite Part: ALL. OF. IT.
Grammy Awards 2009
Favorite Part: The story behind it. Justin was already performing with T.I. later in the show but after Chris Brown and Rhianna had their domestic and couldn’t make the show the bigwhigs called on JT to fill the spot. With every big name in music in town, the industry leaders knew that he could pull off a performance with zero rehearsal time on live television in front of all his peers. *mic drop*
For more in-depth study, see also
- MTV VMA Performance 2006 (Added Bonus 2007 VMA Performance where he was HAMMERED and Still Killed it)
- FutureSexLoveShow Live From Madison Square Garden 2007: My Love (Specifically this DanceBreak)
- In Performance at the White House: (Sitting On) the Dock of the Bay
- BBC Live Lounge: Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
- Fashion Rocks 2008: Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing with Beyonce
- Justin Timberlake Live from Paris 2008: LoveStoned/I Think She Knows
- Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party Rehearsal 2007: What Goes Around/The End of the Innocence
- Hope for Haiti Live: Hallelujah with Matt Morrison
Also if you can find any of his performances from his first appearance on SNL those were what made people start taking him seriously as an artist.